Our client was founded in 2013 with a mission to own and operate high quality wireless infrastructure sites in stable markets experiencing strong wireless usage growth around the world. The company is currently focused on infrastructure expansion throughout Latin America, the Caribbean, the United States, and Europe.
We are looking for an Operations Manager. The position is located at El Salvador.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Responsible for overall operations of PTI in El Salvador. The Operations Manager is expected to have administrative oversight over all departments, direct supervision of the Operations team with 3 team members, focus on the company’s goals and budget. The role involves direct management of the local operations department with indirect management of in-country employees in other departments that report directly to the corporate office as well as tending to relationships with PTI’s customers and other stakeholders across the country.
• Control and communicate the metrics using the company’s monitoring tools and the project management solution, and report on a minimum bi-weekly basis.
• Manage the client, the contractor, the partner, and internal communications at the project level day by day, verbal and written.
• Develop and nurture the relationship with PTI’s clients by identifying requirements and anticipating and solving problems.
• Initiate and carry out the necessary meetings to keep the various projects PTI is undertaking within the schedule and within the budget with the early resolution of problems.
• Keep all project records and data in the company database and use the workflow and project management tools to manage the assigned projects.
• Coordinate the configuration of projects, budgets and start of all new construction of towers, as well as possibly fiber and distributed antenna build-outs, as approved by the investment committee of PTI and assigned by the VP of Operations LATAM as well as the SVP of Operations.
• When necessary, work closely with PTI’s external partners to configure and track the various project’s daily timelines, site budget, monitor and manage the performance of each responsible employee or contractor until each site is fully built according to PTI standards and compliance requirements and report weekly progress or as needed.
• Expected to work in conjunction with the sales department and attend client meetings.
• Responsible for local team member communications, enforcement of company policies and procedures, and office administration, working jointly with department managers and Human Resources.
These job functions are representative of tasks accomplished by incumbents. The list is not exhaustive; incumbents perform other related tasks.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Position works in a standard office environment. Standing, sitting, and walking required daily. Job will involve local and international travel.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering and/or related technical fields.
• 5 to 8 years of experience as general manager and in the area of project management.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish, both spoken and written.
• Demonstrated mastery in continuous multi-tasking skills and project management.
• Disciplined and organized with attention to detail.
• Ability to work in an environment of accelerated rhythm and under pressure.
• Effective in an entrepreneurial culture, working independently and as part of a team.