Responsible for overseeing all General Accounting activities relating to the company in addition to other accounting requirements of the company’s operations across various international countries.
- Manage the monthly financial close process
- Review and approval GL Accountant journal entries
- Review and approval GL Accountant -prepared account reconciliations
- Monitor aging of reconciling items to ensure timely resolution
- Review weekly reconciliations of cash accounts
- Perform review and analysis of month-end financial statements.
- Ensure that the accounting close is done timely.
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and other regulatory requirements.
- Manage financial accounting reporting, including creation of internal financial statements and transmission of monthly results to Finance leadership.
- Collaborate with FP&A team and in-country finance leads on monthly analysis of financial results.
- Coordinate cross functionally with operational departments on information necessary to record accounting transactions
- Lead and develop accounting staff.
- Provide routine performance feedback to accounting staff
- Identify training needs and participate in creating training materials
- Develop and maintain documentation of desktop procedures for accounting & A/P roles
- Coach team on professional and product problem resolution.
- Drive process improvement and efficiency initiatives.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements
- Continually enhance process efficiencies, monitoring controls and standardization
These job functions are representative of tasks accomplished by incumbents. The list is not exhaustive; incumbents perform other related tasks.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Position works in a normal office environment. Standing, sitting, and walking required daily. Job will involve travel.
• Must have a 4-year college degree in Accounting and Master of Accounting or MBA (Required)
• Chartered accountant preferred (Required)
• +10 years of work experience, with industry experience strongly preferred (Required)
• +5 years of supervisory experience (Required)
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX (a plus)
• Must have strong Excel skills as well as other MS Office suite products such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
• Bilingual (English / Spanish) required
• Ability to work in fast-paced, high-growth changing environment
• Ability to balance multiple tasks
– Anual Bonus
– Life Insurance
– Medical Insurance
– Healthcare bonus
The position will be based in Santo Domingo, Rep. Dominicana.
Actually they are working in remote mode. In regular conditions the job is 100% at the office.